Monday 24 September 2012

Freezer Cooking - Banana Loaf Minis

Everyone has their own recipe for Banana Bread but I thought I would share my own anyways; I made it into smaller 'mini-loaves' so they are portable in lunches or just on the go - they could even be breakfast!

Snack

Banana Loaf Minis - Yields 18 loaves
Ingredients:
4c. Flour
2c. Sugar
2tsp. Baking Powder
2tsp. Salt
1tsp. Baking Soda
6 Bananas
4 Eggs
2c. Chocolate Chips

1. Mash bananas, and mix in all ingredients except Chocolate Chips.

2. If using stand mixer, remove from stand and mix in Chocolate Chips by hand.

3. Grease and flour pans, I use mini-loaf pans, fill 3/4 with batter.

 4. Bake at 350 for 25-30minutes (mine took 28). Makes 2 pans of 9, bake separately. 

5. Remove from oven and place on racks until cool to the touch.

6. Cut in half and butter one side of loaf.

7. Individually wrap with saran-warp and place in large ziploc bags. 
I did not include reheat instructions on these as I will mainly be using them for Dan's lunches and will just take one out in the morning and it will thaw by the evening when he has his break (he works afternoon/evenings and has lunch at 9PM). But here they are:

To Reheat: Thaw, microwave for 30 seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment