Sunday 23 September 2012

Freezer Cooking - Macaroni & Cheese Bake

Yesterday Anderson and I ventured to Victoria to visit one of my Kyla, one of my BFFs since we attended PreSchool together, it was her 25th birthday and our visit was to be a surprise. However, that was ruined as Kyla found me in Westshore Mall feeding Anderson on a bench...but was excited nevertheless. We spent the afternoon visiting with her, my neice Sophia and the bean growing in Kyla's belly! And Aunty Annie too once she showed up with Tim Hortons later that afternoon.
My silly neice Sophia!

A long adventure made for very little energy to making dinner once we arrived home, (Dan was also out of town golfing and wasn't home to start a meal) so as soon as I walked through the door I put in a Macaroni & Cheese Bake that I made the day before. I tried out a new recipe so I'm happy that I was able to try it out before sharing with the world - or the 5 people who read my blog...

My Review: This was delicious! Very creamy and cheesy - will be great for those crisp fall days that are supposed to show up after summer decides to head south for the winter. You could also add some fresh bacon chunks to liven it up!

Dinner

Macaroni & Cheese BakeYields 4 x 3LB Dishes @ $4.79/dish 
(Feeds 3 adults or a wife and her hungry hubby)

Ingredients:
900grams Uncooked Macaroni Pasta (Do  not substitute whole wheat pasta, it's not the same)
1000grams Grated Cheese (I used a Mozza/Cheddar mix)
1/2c. Butter
1/2c. Flour
4c. Milk
1/2tsp Black Pepper

Directions:
1. Boil pasta until its about 90% cooked; drain and rinse with cool water, set aside.

2. In a large saucepan, melt butter and pepper; once butter starts to sizzle, add the flour and whisk until mixed and bubbly.

3. Whisk in milk over medium heat until bubbly, whisk constantly to avoid scorching and lumps.

4. Pour sauce over pasta and mix well. 
 
5. Add 3/4 of the cheese to the pasta and mix well, divide between dishes and top with shredded cheese.

6. Label and place in freezer.
To Reheat: Remove lid, place on baking sheet. Cook at 325 for 1hr 10min.




No comments:

Post a Comment