Monday 17 September 2012

Freezer Cooking - Egg McMuffins

Now that Anderson has reach 7 weeks old most of my Freezer Meals have been eaten; Now that I realize the convenience of not having to cook, yet still eating a great meal with minimal clean up I decided to re-stock and share my recipes. When browsing Pinterest for inspiration I realized a lot of sites said they were inexpensive meals, but being mainly American sites I know that groceries are drastically less expensive down there, so I have recalculated every recipe to show you the price per serving/dish (I shopped at Costco and Walmart).

Breakfast
From what I can tell in the movies this is one of the busiest times in any household, parents trying to get ready for work, pack a lunch and get the kids bathed, changed and out the door in time all while trying to get the most out of their 'Most Important Meal of the Day'; when I last stocked my freezer in July I made Breakfast Burritos, Dan ate every last one of them - fantastic, but this time I saw an interesting pin that drove me to add Egg Mc Muffins to the list.

Egg Mc Muffins Recipe - Yields 12 @ $0.63/ea
Original Source 
Ingredients:
12 English Muffins
12 Large Eggs
12 Slices Kraft Singles Cheese
Butter or Spray Oil


Directions:
1. Grab a muffin tin and very lightly oil each spot in the tin with either butter or spray oil (I used oil).
2. Crack and egg in each muffin area.
3. Cook in oven at 350 for 15 - 20min (mine took 20)
4. While you're waiting for your eggs to cook, slice your english muffins in half and lay face up on a baking sheet (you'll need two sheets).
5. Once your eggs have finished cooking, remove from oven and run a knife along the edges to ensure they separate as they cool.
6. To toast muffins, place in oven at 350 for 10min (rotate pan after 5 minutes in case your oven has hot spots).
7. Remove muffins from oven and assemble with egg and cheese slice.
8. Place on baking sheet and place in freezer for 1hr 30min to give off moisture before wrapping in foil and placing in ziploc freezer bags.
9. Label and place in freezer.
To Reheat: Remove foil, place on baking sheet. Cook at 350 for 25min.
*These can be microwaved but it isn't recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment