Friday 28 September 2012

Freezer Cooking - Hamburger Casserole

We've all made Hamburger Helper at least a few times, great for those busy days - unless you forgot to thaw your hamburger...or don't happen to have 2c. of Milk on hand (that's what I'm always missing). This recipe is Hamburger Helper but easier...yes I said easier; it is also cheaper and delicious!!!

Dinner

Hamburger Casserole - Yields 8 x 2LB Dishes @ $2.25/dish 

Ingredients:
900grams Uncooked Macaroni Pasta (Do  not substitute whole wheat pasta, it's not the same)
2.5lbs Lean Ground Beef
2.5tbsp Taco Seasoning
500g Grated Cheese (I used a Mozza/Cheddar mix; I probably would've added more cheese if I had it - or even doubled the amount) 


Directions:
1. Boil pasta until its about 90% cooked; drain and rinse with cool water, split pasta between two bowls and set aside.

2. Brown beef, season with taco seasoning to your liking, drain. (To maximize efficiency I cooked the meat for this recipe with the meat for the Beef & Cheese Burritos and then divided after cooked. Less dishes and less time).

3. Add seasoned meat to pasta (split between the two bowls) and mix well.

4. Add cheese to pasta (split between the two bowls) and mix well.

5. Divide between dishes (I ran out of 2LB dishes and had to use a couple large ones)..

6. Label and place in freezer.
 To Reheat: Remove lid, place on baking sheet. Cook at 325 for 30-45min.
*I took mine out at 37min, but if you added more cheese you'll want to cook for closer to 45min to let it all melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment